- This event has passed.
Susan M. Daniels Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame: Class of 2020 Induction Ceremony
March 30, 2021 @ 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM EDTFree
The Susan M. Daniels Disability Mentoring Hall of Fame was established in 2015 to carry on the legacy of disability champion and lifelong mentor, Susan Daniels, and to spotlight individuals and groups around the country who are making a significant difference in the lives of youth and adults with disabilities through mentoring.
This year, the celebration of mentoring will recognize the Class of 2020 as mentors and organizations who have supported disability justice, racial justice, and COVID-19 related issues impacting the disability community. View the full list of inductees into the Class of 2020 here.
The National Disability Mentoring Coalition will also honor the life and legacy of Thomas Golden and Alec Frazier, both champions of disability rights and mentors to many.
This is a free event. Any donations made will go to support the Dinah F.B. Cohen DREAM Fellowship Program, providing BIPOC disabled college students and recent graduates with professional skills and leadership opportunities. You may make a donation by adding one to your cart during checkout, or by going to the NDMC website.
This event will feature the following speakers:
- Dr. Manu Thakral, Assistant Professor in Nursing, University of Massachusetts Boston and Member of the Board of Directors, Partners for Youth with Disabilities
- Edmund Asiedu, Policy Analyst for Accessibility & Disability Services Facilitator, NYC Department of Transportation and NDMC Advisor
- Germán Parodi and Shaylin Sluzalis, Co-Executive Directors, The Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies, Class of 2020
- Jennifer Msumba, Musician, Writer and Filmmaker will be performing
- Lydia X. Z. Brown, Esq., Disability Justice Advocate, Disability Studies Adjunct Professor, Attorney-Activist and Organizer, Class of 2019
- Najma Johnson, Executive Director at Deaf Abused Women Network (DAWN), Class of 2020
- Steve Allen, President, PolicyWorks and Founder of Peer MentoringWorks
- Sabrina Epstein, Senior in Public Health Studies, Johns Hopkins University and Student Researcher and Communications Intern, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Dr. Bonnielin Swenor, Director, Johns Hopkins Disability Health Research Center, Class of 2020
- Jim Warne, Warrior Society Development and WSD Productions Community Engagement Director, and University of South Dakota Center for Disabilities, Oyate’ Circle in the Sanford School of Medicine, Class of 2020
- Allilsa Fernandez, Senior at Stony Brook University, Advocacy & Policy Senior at ENDependence Center of Northern Virginia, and Co-Chair of the Disability Rights, Education, Activism and Mentoring (DREAM), Class of 2020
- PJ Swan, Let’s Work California
CART and ASL interpreters will be provided. If you require any additional accommodations, please reach out to Kristin at email@example.com.
Become a member to get full access to 30+ hours of disability & inclusion training:
- 10 take-at-your-own-pace online courses
- Monthly live webinars and recordings of previously held sessions
- PDF guidebooks and resources
- Self-assessments for individuals and organizations
- Professional Development (PDPs) for Massachusetts teachers