Do you work at a mentoring program serving youth? Sign up today to participate in the next cohort of the Disability Mentoring Certification!
The certification process takes 4 months, during which time participating members are guided through a deep learning process around how to run a mentoring program that is inclusive to youth, volunteers, and staff with disabilities. The certification entails:
- Taking 8 on-demand courses and attending 2 webinars
- Engaging with the cohort in an online forum
- Creating a disability inclusion strategic plan for your organization
You qualify for the program if:
- You work at a youth program that has a mentoring component
- You can commit ~2 hours per week from mid-February through early-June
- Preference will be given to organizations that enroll multiple staff
Upon completion, individuals are provided with documentation of their certification, and organizations participating in the process have the certification listed on their profile in The Mentoring Connector (the only national database of youth mentoring programs). Additionally, organizations that have completed their Disability Mentoring Certification see a greater reach and visibility in search results on The Mentoring Connector.
This opportunity is made possible thanks to a partnership with MENTOR. We are thankful for our partnership and the opportunity to advance inclusive mentoring environments for youth across the country.
We are currently accepting application for the 2022 cohort of the Disability Mentoring Certification. The deadline to apply is January 31st, 2022.